Source : https://yam.zippo.io/
So how do you farm some of these delicious $YAMs?
- Go to yam.finance and look at all the seeds you can plant for your harvest!
Too many choices and not sure which? You can start by going to https://yieldfarming.info/yam/yfi/ and selecting the other crops on the top right to compare APYs! For your reference, at time of writing:
$COMP : 5488.9279%
$AMPL+$ETH LP Token : 4198.6842%
$SNX : 3669.1923%
$MKR : 3174.5668%
$LEND : 2940.1838%
$YFI : 1738.3223%
$LINK : 1535.9558%
$WETH : 856.1333%
Note : The APYs from this come from the amount of $YAM left to be harvested and the amount of liquidity in the pool. https://yam.zippo.io/ gives a good overview of this.
- Pick your fighter! If you’re a defi-native, you should already have heavy bags of at least 1 of these coins, but if you don’t check out CoinGecko’s DeFi page to find out where you can buy these coins: https://www.coingecko.com/en/defi
- Note : the Ampleforth farm needs you to provide liquidity to the AMPL-ETH pair, I’ve written a previous guide here: Yield Farming with Ampleforth. You can follow up to Step 3
- Once you’ve chosen your fighter, in this case I chose $COMP:
- Click on the + button and you will see this popup :
- Decide the amount of $COMP you wish to stake and click confirm. You’ll need to approve spending of your $COMP beforehand too.
- Once this is done you will be able to watch your crops grow in real time!
- After a bountiful harvest, you can click on “Harvest” to just get your $YAM or “Harvest and Exit” to get your $YAM and the token that you have staked.
- A helpful website to track how much $YAM you have farmed without needing to click in one by one is : https://yam.tools/. They will tell you how much $YAM you have and the value right at the top:
- Happy farming! If you wish to sell your crops, you can sell it on Uniswap here : https://app.uniswap.org/#/swap?outputCurrency=0x0e2298e3b3390e3b945a5456fbf59ecc3f55da16 but bear in mind by selling your YAM you won’t be allowed to enter the citadel