It’s been more than a month since Ampleforth released their Geyser program but with the price currently looking like it’s heading back to $1, now may be the time to look into getting back in.
The “Geyser” is a reward for those that provide liquidity on the Uniswap Pair (50/50 ETH and AMPL) https://uniswap.info/pair/0xc5be99a02c6857f9eac67bbce58df5572498f40c
To participate in Geyser, you’ll need to do these steps:
- Get $AMPL, you can do so by going to : https://app.uniswap.org/#/swap?inputCurrency=0xc02aaa39b223fe8d0a0e5c4f27ead9083c756cc2&outputCurrency=0xd46ba6d942050d489dbd938a2c909a5d5039a161 and unlocking your ETH and Swapping
- With an equal amount of ETH, go to https://app.uniswap.org/#/add/ETH/0xD46bA6D942050d489DBd938a2C909A5d5039A161 and click on Add Liquidity. Tip: You can select the max amount of AMPL you have and the equivalent amount of ETH wil be updated.
- After adding liquidity, you will receive UNI-V2 LP Tokens, these are the tokens that represent your share of the liquidity pool. The transaction will look like this:
- With the Uniswap V2 (UNI-V2) LP Tokens, you can go to https://www.ampleforth.org/geyser/ and click deposit, you’ll need to allow the spending of the UNI-V2 LP Token first and then you can deposit it.
- As you can see, they will show you the additional AMPL rewards that you can get per month, the current APY is 208.45%, this does not include rebases.
- Rebases = if the price of $AMPL is more than $1, you will receive more $AMPL tokens, if the price of $AMPL is below $1, you will lose $AMPL tokens.
- The longer you keep your AMPL in Geyser, the higher your rewards multiple will be. It increases by 10% every 3 days, so after the first month it will be 2x.
- To withdraw your UNI-V2 LP, just click on withdraw and you can input the amount you wish to withdraw and withdraw it
- To remove liquidity, go to https://app.uniswap.org/#/pool. If you have removed it from Geyser, your AMPL/ETH pool should show up under “Your Liquidity”, you can then remove it.
- After removing liquidity, you can sell your $AMPL back to ETH or you can continue holding it, whichever you like!
- Read more here : https://www.ampltalk.org/app/forum/ampl-geyser-19/topic/about-the-geyser-21/